Client: Abu Dhabi Ports
Location: Abu Dhabi
Period: December 2018 – January 2019
In Q3 – 2018 KOTUG was awarded the contract for upgrading Pilots and Tug Captains sailing for Safeen in the port of Khalifa and Mina Zayed.
The upgrade of the Pilots and Tug Captains was requested by Safeen upon the first arrival of a deep draught cape sized bulker for the Emal Jetty which are handling different to the vessels entering the port previously.
In our tailormade course we provided, the emphasis was put on:
- Centre lead operations with ASD tugs.
- Ship/Tug interactions.
- Line lengths and line forces.
- Forces, Vectors and Turning moments.
- Pivot point and the influences on tug operations.
- Bollard Pull Calculation.
- Vessel handling.
- Bridge Team management.
- Risk Management.
- Tug Limitations and Hazard mitigation.
Our trainers provided on board and on the job training, also we showed an trained the necessity to the cooperation between Pilots and Tug masters.Download Case Study
RAISING STANDARDS THROUGH SHARED AWARENESS