Employment: full time
We are looking for a developer to join our team in Rotterdam. Your role would be to further develop the KOTUG OptiPort application, a game-changing AI-based solution for the maritime industry worldwide. Besides this, you will be advising our customers on how to improve the efficiency of their operations.
About KOTUG OptiPort
KOTUG OptiPort started its digital mission to optimize port operations in 2017. Since then, we have gained a lot of experience in several leading ports around the globe, where we are optimizing tugboat fleets for our clients in a revolutionary way.
As we are growing towards a web-based solutions platform, we are looking for a software developer/business consultant
About the job
This job offers the unique combination of developing and implementing software while advising our customers on how to effectively and efficiently run their operations. On a daily basis, you are the trusted advisor of our customers and at the same time you will be involved in the design and development of our OptiPort platform. From front-end design to testing, monitoring, maintenance, back-end integration, including implementing your developments in our clients’ nautical operations.
You have a broad knowledge of the development tools, techniques, and coding platforms we are using:
- MySQL / Postgres
- Google Cloud Platform
- Python as our main coding language
- HTML/CSS React/Gatsby
- Mapbox, FullCalender
Who are we looking for?
Our perfect candidate has the following competencies:
- Able to operate as a sounding board for our customers
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- Fluent English speaker
- Affinity with maritime challenges
- Effective problem solver
- Accurate, even when under time pressure
- Able to prioritize, plan and multi-task
- Authorized to work in the Netherlands
- Interesting IT-related challenges in a worldwide leading organization
- Unique combination of business consultancy and software development
- Work that generates directly results with our customers
- A job with direct impact – what you design will happen on the water
- 40h/week full-time position, part-time can be discussed as well.
- Possibility to travel to clients overseas
- Perfect lunches and good coffee!
- A fantastic office with an amazing view over Rotterdam.
We look forward to hearing from you! Fill in the contact form below.
Sorry, no recruitment agencies.