KOTUG, family owned and head quartered in the Netherlands, is a leading towage operator offering its innovative services on a global scale, including Africa, Asia, Australia, Americas and Europe.
With a sophisticated, powerful fleet, its dedicated staff and well trained crew, KOTUG operates in a variety of markets including towage services to ports, terminals and at sea as well as in the salvage, offshore and renewable industry.
KOTUG is committed to the highest industry standards of health, safety, environment, quality and security and is ISM and ISO9001 certified. KOTUG also has strategic partnerships in Australia (KT Maritime Services Australia), Americas (KOTUG Seabulk Marine) and Europe (KOTUG SMIT Towage).
Currently Kotug is looking for an Operations QHSE Manager to ensure QHSE awareness and knowledge and optimization of HSE performance for all Kotug locations worldwide.
Main Responsibilities in this Role :
- Promote and develop a strong safety culture
- Set up, implement and maintain HSE programs, Monitor HSE performance and advise on improvements
- Compliance monitoring and follow up for fleet and local operations
- Prepare and facilitate internal/external audits
- Emergency Response coordination
- Tender and project support
- Risk assessments
- Act as DPA
What would be on your ‘to do list’ :
- HSE Leadership / safety awareness program
- eLearning platform
- Improve the emergency response throughout the whole organization
- Update Ship Management System and compliance OVMSA
- Transition to ISO9001:2015
- Certification ISO14001
- Operational QHSE support for Mozambique, Cameroon and Johor (Malaysia).
- Support local QHSE manager in Brunei
- ISM certification tugs.
What we ask of the candidate :
- Bachelor degree, preferably in a technical discipline with 8-10 years of working experience in the nautical field
- Certification in Safety Management (NEBOSCH Certificate / MVK or equivalent)
- Up to date knowledge of applicable rules and regulations
- Experience with QHSE Management Systems
- Auditing techniques (ISM/ISO9001 Internal Auditor or equivalent)
- Proven track record in a QHSE role
- Natural impact, good influencing and communication skills
- Good partnering abilities
- Organizing-, planning- and time management skills (pro active approach)
- Fluency in (technical) English both oral and written
- Willingness to travel frequently
What we offer :
The compensation package for this international role will include a salary which is according to market standards, a company car, 26 vacation days, and pension scheme.
Contact details :
For more information, please contact Anje Welleman, Corporate QHSE Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Sandra Schikker, Corporate HR Manager (email@example.com or +31 (0)10 – 217 02 41)